Mission / Vision / Key values
Elika, Basque Foundation for Food Health, is a public foundation created by the Economic Development and Competitiveness in 2001, whose aim is to:
- Provide autonomous governments with technical advice on the development of policies and preventive actions relating to Agrofoods Safety, from the very beginning of the food chain.
- Coordinate, provide information and technical advice to a number of different public organisations in the field of Animal Health and Food.
- Support the primary food processing and marketing sector in the application and improvement of Food Safety systems.
Recognition within the Basque Autonomous Community by our Interest Groups, such as:
- Organisations in which the policies of all the agents involved in Agrofood Safety in the Basque Autonomous Community converge and come together.
- Reference organisation (that provides added value) in Agrofoods matters.
- Promoter organisation of overall improvements in Agrofoods Safety.
- We work with professionalism, initiative and creativity.
- We believe in teamwork.
- We seek the satisfaction of our interest groups.
- We seek continuous improvement in all our activities.
- We are committed to the use of the Basque language.